Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Kaarre Culinary Creations

Mom, Erika, Nikki and I put an ad in that newspaper for Kaarre Culinary Creations. We just want to see if anybody needs some baking done this holiday season. We're offering cookie trays, pies, yeast and quick breads, appetizers, and candies...I wrote up the ad, and made a price and order sheet. We got our first order last night. Mom, Dad and I were talking that, even if we don't make much of a profit on this, it can be a service for people like Mrs. Johnson who lives in assisted care and can't bake or get out. But she wants to have treats to share. How cool is that that this can just be a service for people like her!
Today I woke up and read for a couple hours. I'm currently reading a book called "Hattie Big Sky" by Kirby Larson, that I got from the library. It is about an orphaned 16 year old girl who, during World War I, receives a letter that gives her a 320-acre homestead in Montana. Her uncle whom she had never met recently died, and left her his homestead. Only problem was, it wasn't proved up yet. Hattie has 11 months to build 460 rods of fence, and plant 40 acres of harvested crops.
After I read I organized our upstairs hallway closet full of blankets and sheets. Oh my! Then I came to City Brew and finished Lesson 9 in my Algebra 2 book. Lesson 9 is about percent word problems. After I finished up that lesson, I worked on creating the order form for the above mentioned Kaarre Culinary Creations. That took a while, actually, but hopefully it'll be usable. The nice thing is that this is practice, just for us. If it isn't efficient, we can just change it. It's not like I'll get fired from my job for messing up, this is just a cool learning experience I get to try. Trial and error! :)
Tonight we have our first soup supper and advent service at church! Woot!

No comments: